Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment)
2. (v) issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty; "I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street" "Move your car or else you will be ticketed!"
3. (n) a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation)
4. (v) provide with a ticket for passage or admission; "Ticketed passengers can board now"
5. (n) a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
6. (n) the appropriate or desirable thing; "this car could be just the ticket for a small family"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.