Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) miss a step and fall or nearly fall; "She stumbled over the tree root"
2. (n) a journey for some purpose (usually including the return) "he took a trip to the shopping center"
3. (v) cause to stumble; "The questions on the test tripped him up"
4. (n) a hallucinatory experience induced by drugs; "an acid trip"
5. (n) an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall; "he blamed his slip on the ice" "the jolt caused many slips and a few spills"
6. (v) make a trip for pleasure
7. (n) an exciting or stimulting experience
8. (v) put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction" "actuate the circuits"
9. (n) a catch mechanism that acts as a switch; "the pressure activates the tripper and releases the water"
10. (v) get high, stoned, or drugged; "He trips every weekend"
11. (n) a light or nimble tread; "he heard the trip of women''s feet overhead"
12. (n) an unintentional but embarrassing blunder; "he recited the whole poem without a single trip" "he arranged his robes to avoid a trip-up later" "confusion caused his unfortunate misstep"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.