Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence; "she was humming an air from Beethoven"
2. (v) adjust for (better) functioning; "tune the engine"
3. (n) the property of producing accurately a note of a given pitch; "he cannot sing in tune" "the clarinet was out of tune"
4. (v) of musical instruments; "My piano needs to be tuned"
5. (n) the adjustment of a radio receiver or other circuit to a required frequency
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.