Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) straighten up or out; make straight
2. (v) unfasten, as a sail, from a spar or a stay
3. (v) free from flexure; "unbend a bow"
4. (v) make less tight; "relax the tension on the rope"
5. (v) become less tense, rest, or take one''s ease; "He relaxed in the hot tub" "Let''s all relax after a hard day''s work"
6. (v) release from mental strain, tension, or formality; "unbend the mind from absorbing too much information"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.