Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed; "the value assigned was 16 milliseconds"
2. (v) fix or determine the value of; assign a value to; "value the jewelry and art work in the estate"
3. (v) hold dear; "I prize these old photographs"
4. (n) the quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable; "the Shakespearean Shylock is of dubious value in the modern world"
5. (n) the amount (of money or goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else; "he tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices"
6. (v) regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement" "We prize his creativity"
7. (v) place a value on; judge the worth of something; "I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"
8. (n) relative darkness or lightness of a color; "I establish the colors and principal values by organizing the painting into three values--dark, medium...and light"-Joe Hing Lowe
9. (v) estimate the value of; "How would you rate his chances to become President?" "Gold was rated highly among the Romans"
10. (n) (music) the relative duration of a musical note
11. (n) an ideal accepted by some individual or group; "he has old-fashioned values"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.