Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart; all veins except the pulmonary carry unaerated blood
2. (v) make a veinlike pattern
3. (n) a distinctive style or manner; "he continued in this vein for several minutes"
4. (n) any of the vascular bundles or ribs that form the branching framework of conducting and supporting tissues in a leaf or other plant organ
5. (n) a layer of ore between layers of rock
6. (n) one of the horny ribs that stiffen and support the wing of an insect
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.