Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the amount of 3-dimensional space occupied by an object; "the gas expanded to twice its original volume"
2. (n) the property of something that is great in magnitude; "it is cheaper to buy it in bulk" "he received a mass of correspondence" "the volume of exports"
3. (n) physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together; "he used a large book as a doorstop"
4. (n) a publication that is one of a set of several similar publications; "the third volume was missing" "he asked for the 1989 volume of the Annual Review"
5. (n) a relative amount; "mix one volume of the solution with ten volumes of water"
6. (n) the magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction) "the kids played their music at full volume"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.