Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) express one''s preference for a candidate or for a measure or resolution; cast a vote; "He voted for the motion" "None of the Democrats voted last night"
2. (n) a choice that is made by voting; "there were only 17 votes in favor of the motion"
3. (v) express one''s choice or preference by vote; "vote the Democratic ticket"
4. (n) the opinion of a group as determined by voting; "they put the question to a vote"
5. (v) express a choice or opinion; "I vote that we all go home" "She voted for going to the Chinese restaurant"
6. (n) a legal right guaranteed by the 15th amendment to the US constitution; guaranteed to women by the 19th amendment; "American women got the vote in 1920"
7. (n) a body of voters who have the same interests; "he failed to get the Black vote"
8. (v) be guided by in voting; "vote one''s conscience"
9. (n) the total number of votes cast; "they are hoping for a large vote"
10. (v) bring into existence or make available by vote; "They voted aid for the underdeveloped countries in Asia"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.