Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the capital of the United States in the District of Columbia and a tourist mecca; George Washington commissioned Charles l''Enfant to lay out the city in 1791
2. (n) a state in northwestern United States on the Pacific
3. (n) the federal government of the United States
4. (n) 1st President of the United States; commander-in-chief of the Continental Army during the American Revolution (1732-1799)
5. (n) United States educator who was born a slave but became educated and founded a college at Tuskegee in Alabama (1856-1915)
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.