Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams; "Water the fields"
2. (n) binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below
3. (v) provide with water; "We watered the buffalo"
4. (n) the part of the earth''s surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean) "they invaded our territorial waters" "they were sitting by the water''s edge"
5. (v) secrete or form water, as tears or saliva; "My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner" "His eyes watered"
6. (n) facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply" "first you have to cut off the water"
7. (n) once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
8. (v) fill with tears; "His eyes were watering"
9. (n) liquid excretory product; "there was blood in his urine" "the child had to make water"
10. (n) a fluid necessary for the life of most animals and plants; "he asked for a drink of water"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.