Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) someone who communicates by waving
2. (v) pause or hold back in uncertainty or unwillingness; "Authorities hesitate to quote exact figures"
3. (v) be unsure or weak; "Their enthusiasm is faltering"
4. (n) the act of pausing uncertainly; "there was a hesitation in his speech"
5. (v) move hesitatingly, as if about to give way
6. (n) the act of moving back and forth
7. (v) move or sway in a rising and falling or wavelike pattern; "the line on the monitor vacillated"
8. (v) move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
9. (v) sway to and fro
10. (v) give off unsteady sounds, alternating in amplitude or frequency
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.