Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a movable organ for flying (one of a pair)
2. (v) travel through the air; be airborne; "Man cannot fly"
3. (n) one of the horizontal airfoils on either side of the fuselage of an airplane
4. (n) a stage area out of sight of the audience
5. (n) a unit of military aircraft
6. (n) the side of military or naval formation; "they attacked the enemy''s right flank"
7. (n) a hockey player stationed in a forward positin on either side
8. (n) the wing of a fowl; "he preferred the drumsticks to the wings"
9. (n) a barrier that surrounds the wheels of a vehicle to block splashing water or mud; "in England they call a fender a wing"
10. (n) an addition that extends a main building
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.