Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a way of doing or being; "in no wise" "in this wise"
2. (a) having or prompted by wisdom or discernment; "a wise leader" "a wise and perceptive comment"
3. (n) United States Jewish leader (born in Hungary) (1874-1949)
4. (s) marked by the exercise of good judgment or common sense in practical matters; "judicious use of one''s money" "a sensible manager" "a wise decision"
5. (n) United States religious leader (born in Bohemia) who united reform Jewish organizations in the United States (1819-1900)
6. (s) able to take a broad view of negotiations between states
7. (s) carefully considered; "a considered opinion"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.