Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the words that are spoken; "I listened to his words very closely"
2. (n) the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number; "his compositions always started with the lyrics" "he wrote both words and music" "the song uses colloquial language"
3. (n) language that is spoken or written; "he has a gift for words" "she put her thoughts into words"
4. (n) an angry dispute; "they had a quarrel" "they had words"
5. (n) words making up the dialogue of a play; "the actor forgot his speech"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.