Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) produce a literary work; "She composed a poem" "He wrote four novels"
2. (v) communicate or express by writing; "Please write to me every week"
3. (v) have (one''s written work) issued for publication; "How many books did Georges Simenon write?" "She published 25 books during her long career"
4. (v) communicate (with) in writing; "Write her soon, please!"
5. (v) communicate by letter; "He wrote that he would be coming soon"
6. (v) write music; "Beethoven composed nine symphonies"
7. (v) mark or trace on a surface; "The artist wrote Chinese characters on a big piece of white paper"
8. (v) record data on a computer; "boot-up instructions are written on the hard disk"
9. (v) write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of (a word or part of a word) "He spelled the word wrong in this letter"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.