Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) production of a certain amount
2. (v) be the cause or source of; "He gave me a lot of trouble" "Our meeting afforded much interesting information"
3. (n) an amount of a product
4. (v) end resistance, especially under pressure or force; "The door yielded to repeated blows with a battering ram"
5. (n) the income arising from land or other property; "the average return was about 5%"
6. (v) give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk" "This year''s crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn" "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
7. (n) the quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time) "production was up in the second quarter"
8. (v) give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
9. (v) give in, as to influence or pressure
10. (v) move in order to make room for someone for something; "The park gave way to a supermarket" "Move over," he told the crowd"
11. (v) bring about; "His two singles gave the team the victory"
12. (v) be willing to concede; "I grant you this much"
13. (v) be fatally overwhelmed
14. (v) bring in; "interest-bearing accounts" "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
15. (v) be flexible under stress of physical force; "This material doesn''t give"
16. (v) cease opposition; stop fighting
17. (v) consent reluctantly
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.