The iPod journey has come to an End
Apple no longer makes iPods, which can only be purchased until stocks last. The tech company has officially announced this. However, you can buy it from Apple Stores until current stock runs out. The iPod was released 21 years ago on October 23, 2001. It was the first MP3 player that could store over 1,000 songs and had a battery life of 10 hours.
Music has always been part of Apple’s core, and the way iPod has brought it to millions of people is more than just a music industry influence,\” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
iPod has redefined the way you listen, discover and share music. He said that all of the company’s products that come with Apple Music will live on the iPod. Apple Music was also among the products. Because of this, the company began phasing out the iPod models starting in 2014. In 2014, the company stopped producing the iPod Classic. In 2017, Apple discontinued its smallest music players, the iPod nano and iPod shuffle.
Touch Screen Model Introduced in 2007
Another iPod model, the iPod Touch, was released in 2007 as a touch screen model. It was last updated in 2019. Its price is 199 US dollars, which is around 15,400 rupees. Users get touchscreen and web support. Most of the people who buy it are the ones who want an iPhone-like experience but don’t want a phone. It can be purchased until stock of the model is available in store. iPod touch was introduced on September 5, 2007 with a multi-touch interface.
7 iPods from 2001-2019
- The first iPod was launched on 23 October 2001. It came with an MP3 player capable of storing over 1,000 songs with a 10-hour battery life.
- iPod mini was introduced on 20 February 2004. Everything that users liked on the iPod was available in it. Its design was liked by the users globally.
- Nano Second Generation)was launched on 25 September 2006 with a thin design, 6 colors and 24 hours of battery life. It was capable of storing 2,000 songs.
- iPod touch was launched on September 5, 2007. In this Apple brought a multi-touch interface. It had a 3.5 inch widescreen display. All these features made the iPod a hit.
- Nano 7th generation was introduced on 12 September 2012. It was the thinnest iPod ever, measuring just 5.4mm and featuring a 2.5-inch multi-touch display.
- Apple introduced the iPod Shuffle (4th generation) on July 15, 2015. It had up to 15 hours of battery life, 2GB of storage for hundreds of songs, and a VoiceOver button.
- The A10 Fusion chip was introduced in iPod touch (7th generation) on 28 May 2019. It used to get Immersive Augmented Reality Experience, Group FaceTime and 256GB of storage.