What we can Expect from the Upcoming NFL Season
In other circumstances, NFL teams would have already started their minicamps and training sessions. It is expected for the season to start on September 10 in Kansas and we can’t wait for the season opener. Here are some bold picks about the upcoming NFL season as you can read many more at UltrasBet.
- Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers will be the best teams once again according to almost all NFL picks. If they keep their players away from injuries, they have every chance to face each other again in the Super Bowl. The most important thing is that they managed to retain their key players during the offseason and will definitely win their divisions with ease.
- Baltimore Ravens will finally win a playoff game. I do not think that they will be able to get to 14 wins this time but Harbaugh and his team look more prepared now. They acquired defensive lineman Calais Campbell and a talented rookie like J.K. Dobbins who will improve one of the best rushing offenses in football. Even with a slightly worse record, Baltimore Ravens will enter the postseason determined to get their first win since 2015.
- The Cleveland Browns will make the playoffs. Yeah, I know that this sounds crazy, especially when we’re talking about the AFC North with Baltimore and Pittsburgh. But look, Baker Mayfield has been very quiet this offseason and I would like to think that he’s more mature now. Hopefully, he also figured out what to do with the ball in his hands. The Browns drafted left tackle Jedrick Willis Jr. and if this works out, they will be in for a very special season. Everybody is talking about Cleveland’s offense but what I really like is their defense. They are playing with a lot of intensity and aggression and they do have a lot of playmakers on that side of the ball- Myles Garrett, Adrian Clayborn, Karl Joseph, Olivier Vernon, Sheldon Richardson, and Larry Ogunjobi.
- The Philadelphia Eagles will win their division. It is fair to say that the battle will be between Dallas and Philly and the oddsmakers are giving Dallas the advantage. Despite this, the Eagles have been very well-coached and their bad offensive core was the only reason they could not make a playoff run last season. They selected WR Jalen Reagor with the 21st pick of the draft and they will expect him to deliver from day 1 if they are to succeed in 2020. The Eagles were a good defensive team last year and they added more playmakers on that side of the ball during this offseason as well, including CB Darius Slay, S Rodney McLeod, DT Javon Hargrave, and others.
- The Minnesota Vikings will win their division. The Green Bay Packers are starting to build something for the future with a run-first oriented team. I expect Aaron Rodgers to blow out after two consecutive losses which will definitely happen this season. He had an interesting relationship with Matt LaFleur but I doubt that this will be the case in 2020. LaFleur did not draft a single wide receiver and instead, he picked QB Jordan Love in the first round, showing his intentions to replace Rodgers in a season or two. The Vikings, on the other side, parted ways with WR Stefon Diggs and CB Xavier Rhodes while they added LSU starlet Justin Jefferson CB Jeff Gladney to replace them. Even though they lost Pro Bowlers Diggs and Rhodes, the Packers won’t be as good as them and they will win their division once again.
- Even though Tampa Bay has the offensive pieces to make a good season, the Saints are still the best team in NFC South. They added CB Malcolm Jenkins and WR Emmanuel Sanders during the offseason as well as re-signing their best players. Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston will also fight for a backup QB spot and they will both be ready to replace Drew Brees at any point of the season. The Saints have a lot of experience on both sides of the ball and a much better head coach. This will definitely lead to another Saints’ division title.