Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
2. (v) wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; "she was sporting a new hat"
3. (n) the occupation of athletes who compete for pay
4. (v) play boisterously; "The children frolicked in the garden" "the gamboling lambs in the meadows" "The toddlers romped in the playroom"
5. (n) someone who engages in sports
6. (n) (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
7. (n) (Maine colloquial) temporary summer resident of inland Maine
8. (n) verbal wit (often at another''s expense but not to be taken seriously) "he became a figure of fun"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.