Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces) "hazardous duty"
2. (n) the instrument by which a claim or right or interest or property is transferred from one person to another
3. (n) the act of distributing something to designated places or persons; "the first task is the assignment of an address to each datum"
4. (n) (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
5. (n) an undertaking that you have been assigned to do (as by an instructor)
6. (n) the act of putting a person into a non-elective position; "the appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.