Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the semantic role of the noun phrase that designating the time of the state or action denoted by the verb
2. (s) not eternal; "temporal matters of but fleeting moment"- F.D.Roosevelt
3. (a) of or relating to or limited by time; "temporal processing" "temporal dimensions" "temporal and spacial boundaries" "music is a temporal art"
4. (a) of or relating to the temples (the sides of the skull behind the orbit) "temporal bone"
5. (s) of the material world; "temporal possessions of the church"
6. (s) concerned with secular rather than sacred matters; "lords temporal and spiritual"
7. (s) of this earth or world; "temporal joys" "our temporal existence"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.