Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) something that interests you because it is important or affects you; "the safety of the ship is the captain''s concern"
2. (v) have to do with or be relevant to; "There were lots of questions referring to her talk" "My remark pertained to your earlier comments"
3. (n) an anxious feeling; "care had aged him" "they hushed it up out of fear of public reaction"
4. (v) be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant"
5. (n) a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it; "he bought his brother''s business" "a small mom-and-pop business" "a racially integrated business concern"
6. (n) something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness; "New York traffic is a constant concern" "it''s a major worry"
7. (n) a feeling of sympathy for someone or something; "She felt strong concern for those less fortunate"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.