Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a diagrammatic representation of the earth''s surface (or part of it)
2. (v) make a map of; show or establish the features of details of; "map the surface of Venus"
3. (n) a function such that for every element of one set there is a unique element of another set
4. (v) explore or survey for the purpose of making a map; "We haven''t even begun to map the many galaxies that we know exist"
5. (v) locate within a specific region of a chromosome in relation to known DNA or gene sequences; "map the genes"
6. (v) plan, delineate, or arrange in detail; "map one''s future"
7. (v) depict as if on a map; "sorrow was mapped on the mother''s face"
8. (v) to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets)
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.