Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) one skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
2. (v) try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury; "He nursed his cold with Chinese herbs"
3. (n) a woman who is the custodian of children
4. (v) maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings) "bear a grudge" "entertain interesting notions" "harbor a resentment"
5. (v) serve as a nurse; care for sick or handicapped people
6. (v) treat carefully; "He nursed his injured back by liyng in bed several hours every afternoon" "He nursed the flowers in his garden and fertilized them regularly"
7. (v) give suck to; "The wetnurse suckled the infant" "You cannot nurse your baby in public in some places"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.