Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
2. (n) a natural protective covering of the body; site of the sense of touch; "your skin is the largest organ of your body"
3. (v) bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of; "The boy skinned his knee when he fell"
4. (n) the tissue forming the hard outer layer (of e.g. a fruit)
5. (v) remove the bark of a tree
6. (n) an outer surface (usually thin) "the skin of an airplane"
7. (v) strip the skin off; "pare apples"
8. (n) body covering of a living animal
9. (n) a person''s skin regarded as their life; "he tried to save his skin"
10. (v) strike against an object; "She stubbed her one''s toe in the dark and now it''s broken"
11. (n) the rind of a fruit or vegetable
12. (n) a bag serving as a container for liquids; it is made from the skin of an animal
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.