Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the vessel that contains the seeds of a plant (not the seeds themselves)
2. (v) fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone" "You can''t fool me!"
3. (s) payment due by the recipient on delivery; "a collect call" "the letter came collect" "a COD parcel"
4. (r) collecting the charges upon delivery; "mail a package C.O.D."
5. (n) lean white flesh of important North Atlantic food fish; usually baked or poached
6. (v) harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher" "Don''t ride me so hard over my failure" "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
7. (n) major food fish of arctic and cold-temperate waters
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.