Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a short prayer generally preceding the lesson in the Church of Rome or the Church of England
2. (v) get or gather together; "I am accumulating evidence for the man''s unfaithfulness to his wife" "She is amassing a lot of data for her thesis" "She rolled up a small fortune"
3. (s) payment due by the recipient on delivery; "a collect call" "the letter came collect" "a COD parcel"
4. (r) make a telephone call or mail a package so that the recipient pays; "call collect" "send a package collect"
5. (v) call for and obtain payment of; "we collected over a million dollars in outstanding debts" "he collected the rent"
6. (v) assemble or get together; "gather some stones" "pull your thoughts together"
7. (v) get or bring together; "accumulate evidence"
8. (v) gather or collect; "You can get the results on Monday" "She picked up the children at the day care center" "They pick up our trash twice a week"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.