Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made
2. (v) become part of; become a member of a group or organization; "He joined the Communist Party as a young man"
3. (n) a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets; "let C be the union of the sets A and B"
4. (v) cause to become joined or linked; "join these two parts so that they fit together"
5. (v) come into the company of; "She joined him for a drink"
6. (v) make contact or come together; "The two roads join here"
7. (v) be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway" "Our paths joined" "The travelers linked up again at the airport"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.