Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the physical magnitude of something (how big it is) "a wolf is about the size of a large dog"
2. (v) cover or stiffen or glaze a porous material with size or sizing (a glutinous substance)
3. (s) (used in combination) sized; "the economy-size package" "average-size house"
4. (n) the property resulting from being one of a series of graduated measurements (as of clothing) "he wears a size 13 shoe"
5. (v) sort according to size
6. (n) any glutinous material used to fill pores in surfaces or to stiffen fabrics; "size gives body to a fabric"
7. (v) make to a size; bring to a suitable size
8. (n) the actual state of affairs; "that''s the size of the situation" "she hates me, that''s about the size of it"
9. (n) a large magnitude; "he blanched when he saw the size of the bill" "the only city of any size in that area"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.